Novosibirsk-Kosh-Agach 892 km.
Kosh-Agach (tent camping Tiltware) – Ukok stele.
After passing Kosh-Agach, we leave on a dirt road, on which lies our way to Ukok. After 30 km border post Soloneshenskaya, where we mark the pass and continue to move. After another 40 km turn to Ukok plateau. Then lies the most difficult and beautiful stretch of road.
We stop at radon springs, a resort of local importance Warm Key. Especially those who wish can swim.Then we pass the pass of the same name (2906 m) and continue to the heart of the Ukok plateau. We go down to bertek’s pool. Here, at the foot of the Sailugem ridge, we will visit one of the famous ancient monuments of Ukok-deer stones (steles). Here we break camp and meet with a group of horse support.
Distance: 200 km by car UAZ
Stela Ukok-arrow Argamdzhi (UAZ), transition with backpacks in base camp (7 km). According to weather conditions – there is a chance to walk 17 km. it will take about six hours.
Distance: 7/17 km on foot
Acclimatization-radial exit to the glacier
Attempt to climb Tabyn-Bogdo-Ola, * 4082 m
Today we have to climb the Tabyn-Bogdo-Olu, at the top of which the borders of Russia, China and Mongolia converge. We leave early to catch the morning Nast after the night frosts. We overcome the moraine, at the beginning of the glacier put on climbing crampons, connect and start climbing. The route to Tabyn-Bogdo-Ola is snow-and-ice and is capable of any person who is in good physical shape. It completely passes through snow fields, where it is important not to cut the loaded slope, so you must clearly follow all the instructions of the guide. The ascent is carried out through the saddle separating the two peaks-Russian tent and Tabyn-Bogdo-Ola. The ascent from the saddle is about 150 m. At the top, in good weather, we admire the views of the Alpine peaks of China and Mongolia, views of Nairamdal (4374 m), Ukok plateau and South Chui ridge. If time permits-we will rise to the top of the “Russian tent”.
* The possibility of climbing is not guaranteed and will depend on weather and other factors (preparation of participants, their physical shape and health, snow and ice conditions, etc.). The decision to ascend or refuse to ascend is made on the spot by the guide-instructor, taking into account objective factors.
Distance: 10 km on foot, 8 km in cats
Spare day in case of bad weather
This day we can use as follows:
- as a spare day in case of bad weather on the day of the ascent;
- plein air in the camp (etude, watercolor, acrylic, pastel)
- explore the ancient monuments of Ukok, not included in the program-mounds, balbals, etc.;
- arrange a day on the banks of one of the rivers or lakes and devote it to rest and catching grayling.
Base camp Tabyn-Bogdo-Ola-descent by car 17 km., and then move to the lake. Goose.
Auto excursion oz. Goose – Kurgan of the Princess of Ukok – R. Caldgin. Excursion to the waterfall Caldgin
R. Kaldgin-R. Kalguty.
Kalguty river-Warm Key pass-Kosh-Agach
Kosh-Agach-Novosibirsk (arrival around 12.00.)